1. The What
The assignment to share the good news of Jesus Christ redeeming sinners was given to each and every Christian. In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus gave all His followers a mandate to disciple the nations. This mandate, known as the Great Commission can only be successful if Christians evangelize. As disciples of Christ living today, we too are instructed to adhere to the mandate of the Great Commission which means we ought to live our lives proclaiming the Gospel to others. Do you live a lifestyle committed to this call to engage in evangelism?
You don’t have to wait for an organised church outreach activity to evangelise. You can make it a part of your daily life and walk with Christ.
#sharejesusboldly is a movement of believers who are committed and passionate about sharing the good news of Christ with others.
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
2. The Why
- The Great Commission is a commandment by God to each and every one of His followers. It is our responsibility to obey this in our lives. We must take God’s commandments seriously
- Sharing the Gospel with non-believing friends, family members, and new acquaintances is the most loving thing you can do for them. It is giving the hope, light, and life.
- The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation and if we want people to have transformed lives then we must share the Gospel with them in hope that they will believe in Jesus Christ.
- The Gospel is the ground and the reason for our joy. It is not based on our performance or circumstance but on the person and work of Jesus Christ.
3. The How
You can start with the following ideas – we call them ‘acts of evangelism’
- Start a faith conversation with someone – whether it’s about the meaning of life or the beginning of the universe, it can spark a discussion about God.
- Share your testimony of how Jesus saved you from sin and to life. This is a great way to encourage someone and show them the transforming power of the Gospel.
- Invite them to church to hear a Gospel message about Jesus’s work of redemption.
- Offer to pray for them, and follow through.
- Send them a simple and clear gospel resource
- Share the Gospel with them. What better news is there? Explain to them how we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We all deserve God’s wrath. But God, who is rich in mercy sent us His son Jesus to die for our sins. He took our guilt and shame on the cross, and we took His righteousness in return. Through Him, we can have everlasting life!
4. Join the movement NOW
- Make a plan to share Jesus with someone every day.
- Let us know when you do an act of evangelism – send us a message on Facebook/Instagram or text/WhatsApp on +260950200490. We are keen to hear your stories and walk with you.
- Share a story of how you were bold about Jesus on social media with the hashtags #sharejesusboldly & #RCVat30. This will encourage and motivate others in this community of believers who are passionate about evangelism!
- Stay glued to Radio Christian Voice to hear us give you a shout out on your posts! Who knows, you might be the winner of our weekly giveaway as we appreciate those in the community!